Learner engagement is an important factor in maintaining student motivation throughout their studies. In recognition of this the AIECS offers a wide range of portable and flexible training solutions including online learning opportunities. Through the AIECS Hub, learning materials are just a click away and are accessible from your pc, tablet or smart phone.
We have tailored our learning solutions to suit the varying study needs of our students, including:
• Online training through the AIECS HUB
• Traineeships & Apprenticeships
• Skype trainer visits
• Saturday study groups
• Night classes
• Tailored training plans
• Regular workplace visits & email contact
• Professional development courses
The AIECS Hub is a unique learning experience for Early Childhood students and is available upon enrolment with our college. Students can be in control of their course with the ability to access training materials 24/7 conveniently from the home, workplace or public space. Through the AIECS Hub, students are able to access many features including:
Learner Management System – Complete your modules online, receive trainer feedback and submit completed assessment pieces.
Personal details – Update your personal details such as address, contact details, guardian and next of kin information.
Enrolment – You can view your current enrolment status in each unit, print personal status reports, confirmation of enrolment letters, marking sheets, results of assessments, invoices, receipts and tax statements.
Online purchasing – Purchase your units securely online. You can even choose to download your training modules and resources and receive a discount for doing so!
My resources – You can view save and print general resources to your PC, including practicum handbooks, student handbooks, workshop calendars, enrolment package and most importantly units of competency that you have purchased.
Newsletters – Receive email notification when our quarterly newsletters are published. Our newsletters contain important information such as industry updates, our new services, news announcements, special promotions, discount offers and much more!
Would online training be beneficial for me?
• Do you have a busy lifestyle?
• Do you have work commitments?
• Are you unable to make it to weekend workshops?
• Do you have difficulty in juggling your busy schedule with your studies?
• Are you looking for a flexible approach to studying?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, the AIECS Hub could be for you. To take advantage of these services, enrol directly online or contact the college Administration team for more details:
PH (07) 3451 9990 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
USI Number (Unique Student Identifier)
All students must have a USI number who are currently studying and will be attaining a qualification and/or a Statement of Attainment. This was introduced by the Department of Education and Training in January 2015. You can create a USI number through the Australian Government USI website, by clicking on this link – https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi or you can create one through the online system by clicking on the USI tab, creating your USI number then verifying it.
What is the USI?
• A Unique Student Identifier (USI) is a reference number made up of numbers and letters that gives students access to their USI account.
• A USI will allow an individual’s USI account to be linked to the National Vocational Education and Training (VET) Data Collection, allowing an individual to see all of their training results from all providers including all completed training units and qualifications.
• From January 1 2015, if you are undertaking nationally recognised training delivered by a Registered Training Organisation you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). This includes completing an apprenticeship or traineeship, certificate or diploma or advanced diploma course.
Do I need to pay for a USI?
No – The USI will be is available online and at no cost to the student. This USI will stay with the student for life and be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course that is completed from when the USI comes into effect on 1 January 2015.
Can I receive my qualifications without a USI?
No – You will not be able to enrol into a course from January 2015 without a USI, so no qualifications or certifications will be able to be issued to you without a USI. Together with providing the USI number, as a further identification verification process, all RTO’s will have to have a photo identification of each student so that the appropriate qualifications are issued to the correct person. All students must provide a USI number upon enrolment.