Food Safety Supervisor course
The Food Safety Supervisor training for Health and Community Services is formed from training units from the nationally accredited Health training package (HLT07).
AIECS Food Safety Supervisor certificate is designed to provide students with an advanced knowledge of how to carry our Food Safety Supervisor responsibilities in the Health and Community sector areas.
Organisations that serve food to vulnerable people are in the health and community sector. Businesses such as hospitals, early childhood services, nursing homes, hostels and Meals on Wheels services.
These units describe the skills and knowledge to:
• To comply with personal hygiene, maintain food safety, and contributes to cleanliness of food handling areas and dispose of food.
• Monitor and control food safety hazards and respond to non-conformance as required.
• Supervise the day to day implementation of the food safety program across the entire business, process or food handling areas.
Completion of these units of competencies will provide the student with the elements to gain employment or meet the employment requirements for working as the nominated Food Supervisor. This course is for people working in the Health and Community Services industry jobs like:
- Childcare workers
- Childcare cooks
- Aged Care chefs/facilities
- Disability services staff
- Meals on wheels staff
- Hospital catering staff
- Hostel catering staff
Units of Competency
- HLTFSE001 Follow basic food safety practices
- HLTFSE007 Oversee the day-to-day implementation of food safety in the workplace
- HLTFSE005 Apply and monitor food safety requirements
Self-paced means you can fit study in with your lifestyle. There are 3 units in the course, and they must be completed in order. You have three months to complete your food safety supervisors certificate.
We deliver this course as a full day Food Safety Workshop at our college campus – contact College Admin for dates and prices. Ph:3801 3962 or Email: email@example.com
To attend our full day Food Safety Workshop, attendees must be existing Child Care Workers currently working in the industry.
Students must have a USI number to attend this workshop – https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
Workshop Dates –
Monday 18th March 2019 – Shailer Park, Brisbane
Monday 24th June 2019 – Shailer Park, Brisbane
Tuesday 26th November 2019 – Shailer Park, Brisbane