Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management – CHC62015
This qualification reflects the role of workers who are middle managers or managers across a range of community sector organisations. These people work independently and report to executive management, directors or boards of management. They undertake a range of functions requiring the application of knowledge and skills to achieve results in line with the organisation’s goals and strategic directions.
At this level, workers have responsibility for planning and monitoring service delivery, recruitment and performance management of other paid or unpaid workers, managing risk and contributing to continuous improvement within the scope of their specific role. This may include management of a specific programs or project, or broader management of a community-based organisation, early childhood education service, not-for-profit organisation or community centre.
Employment may be sought in the following areas:
- Centre Manager
- Community care manager
- Community development manager
- Community education manager
- Community services manager
- Coordinator (large organisation)
- Manager (smaller agency/service)
- Program area manager
- Project manager
- Volunteer program manager
Modes of Delivery (Blended delivery including):
- Self-paced external study packages
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- Online Studies
- Saturday study groups
- Online study groups
Self paced means you can fit study in with your lifestyle. There are no due dates on assessment and no exams. However there is a unit expiry of 3 months. There are 13 units in the Advanced Diploma, 8 core units and 5 electives units. All 5 electives must be completed. It takes 12 months to complete this program, however the more time you allocate to study the quicker you can achieve your qualification.
Our highly qualified Trainer Assessors can provide you with a training plan to assist you with completion timeframes for each unit to suit your study goals.
To gain entry into CHC62015 Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management candidates must:
1. Hold a qualification at Diploma level or above relevant to work in the community sector
2. Hold a “Blue Card” and will be required to provide AIECS with a copy of this
3. Completion of a student evaluation on language, literacy and numeracy
4. Students must be employed in an approved Early Childhood Service and Setting to undertake practical assessment and demonstration of skills. An approved Early Childhood service must be registered on www.mychild.gov.au and have received a minimum rating of “meeting” under the NQF, or are waiting to undergo the assessment and rating process.
Course requirements will be reflective of real sector outcomes and processes. All students of this course must be in a current leadership role within children’s services. This is because the assessment and activities will be linked to requirements in their current role and will support enhancing their application of leadership.
The aim of workplace experience is to develop strong leadership that is linked with delivery of quality programs and improved outcomes for children and National Quality Framework requirements. Workplace experience also assists students to develop foundation skills such as communication, interpreting, following instructions, problem-solving and working in a team.
Units of Competency
- CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCMGT001 Develop, implement and review quality framework
- CHCMGT003 Lead the work team
- BSBFIM601 Manage Finances
- BSBINN601 Lead and manage organisational change
- BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Cultural Safety
- CHCPOL002 Develop and implement policy
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPRP004 Promote and represent the service
- BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organisation
***Please note Higher Level Skills Funding is available to students who meet the Higher Level Skills eligibility criteria. For further information please contact College Admin for Details. https://training.qld.gov.au/training/incentives/highskills